Topics of Discussion with István Zárdai
- What is philosophy? And what is it not?
- Philosophy for children, and why philosophy isn't taught in schools
- Philosophy in pop culture
- The connection between philosophy and AI
- Is philosophy different in the Hungarian language?
- The puzzle of Kavka's Toxin
- The skills needed to be a philosopher
- How philosophers affected self-driving cars
- Jobs you can do with a philosophy degree
Topics of Discussion with Azamat Beknazarov
- The difference between machine learning and artificial intelligence
- The software, hardware, and programming languages of machine learning
- The Google Translate app
- Amazon Mechanical Turk
- Captcha and visual computing technology
- How machine learning is being used today
- The importance of good and ethical data sets
- The future of machine learning
- The dangers of machine learning and AI
Topics of Discussion with Dave Gutteridge
- The difference between digital currency and cryptocurrency
- The clear benefits of cryptocurrency
- Earning a salary in cryptocurrency instead of Japanese Yen
- Currency crisis in Venezuela and Zimbabwe
- Using cryptocurrency in stores in Japan
- What causes the value of Bitcoin to rise and fall
- Cryptocurrency as an investment versus a money for everyday use
- What digital camera technology can tell us about the future of cryptocurrency
Finally, Dave offers excellent advice for those who want to learn more about cryptocurrency but are uncertain where to begin.
Questions for Chad Fraser
- What is a physiotherapist’s job during during a show?
- What makes a Cirque du Soleil show special?
- How do you keep the artists mentally engaged?
- What keeps you balanced mentally and physically?
- What is the most rewarding part of your job?
- What do most people not know about the job of the artists?
- How do you prepare for emergency situations?
- What are the similarities and differences between circus artists and sports athletes?
- The show has artists from 16 countries. What language does everyone speak?
- What advice do you have for someone in JH or HS who might be thinking about a career in physiotherapy?
Questions for Chris Green
- What is a typical work day for a diplomat?
- How does it feel to represent your country?
- Have you ever felt nervous or afraid because of the pressure of representing Ireland?
- Is being a diplomat all about attending fancy parties and meeting important people?
- What has surprised you about how Japanese people see Ireland?
- Ireland will play Japan in the Rugby World Cup 2019. Who do you want to win?
- What time period in Irish history do think would be the most exciting to be a diplomat?
- What advice do you have for someone in JH or HS who might be thinking about a career in diplomacy?
Questions for Milad Delfan Azari
- How did you fall in love with physics?
- What topic have you chosen for your PhD?
- How does it feel working with and being surrounded by Nobel Prize winners?
- How has knowing many languages helped your career in science? (He speaks 6 languages!)
- What can someone in JH or HS do to prepare for a career in science?
- What is the most fulfilling part of your work as a scientist?
Questions for Benoit Hardy-Chartrand
- What is a typical day of work like for a global politics researcher?
- What websites do you use to get your information?
- How do you choose the topics for the articles you write?
- Are you paid money to have a certain opinion about the news?
- What impact do researchers have on the world?
- What was your most embarrassing moment on live television?
- What advice would you give to those who are unsure what they want to do in the future?
- What can someone in JH or HS do to prepare for a career in international affairs?
Questions for Dr. Tasker
- When will we find intelligent life?
- When did your love for space begin?
- Why did you decide to choose science as a career?
- How did you decide to write The Planet Factory?
- What is the biggest misunderstanding people have about space?
- What is it like doing a science like astrophysics where the objects you are studying cannot be touched or directly seen?
- What kind of technology do you use for work?
- Where in space would you like to travel to see with your own eyes?
Finally, Dr. Tasker offers her advice for anyone interested in studying science. Her answer will forever change the way you think about learning!